Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Brother's Land

Guest post from: Constance Rodgers

My brother and I recently bought some land way outside of town with the intention of growing timber on it for resale. I’d read that this was an awesome idea and it didn’t seem like a lot of work, so we pooled the money we had from dad’s estate and got to work finding a place. All was fine until Jim decided that he actually wanted to move onto the property! I was really against it at first but once he showed me the plans for the cabin I had to agree it looked great. He had researched everything, from how they’d pump in plumbing to internet at http://www.wildbluedeals.com/satellite-internet/. He was ready to make me an offer for my half of the land when I told him to go ahead and build – it was half his, too! I know it would make dad happy to know we were still hanging out together after all this time and it definitely makes me feel good knowing I’m helping my brother out the best way I can.

No comments: